Enriching the Student Experience
The Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, ODUS, works with the Office of the Vice President for Campus Life, provides resources, opportunities and experiences for undergraduates and the larger Princeton University community to develop personal, cultural and social skills that complement and enrich their academic lives in support of the University's educational mission.
We cultivate our undergraduates' capacity for both citizenship and leadership on campus to prepare them for service and success in a global society. We encourage all students to uphold the highest standards of citizenship, integrity, respect, and inclusion of diverse backgrounds.
ODUS is a valuable resource for undergraduate students who want to participate in and contribute to our rich and complex university community. We support our students by providing guidance on how to make the most of the University's resources in pursuit of their educational goals
Responsibilities and Functions
Though our Office is primarily engaged in enriching the Princeton undergraduate experience, we also serve graduate students, faculty, alumni, parents and members of our administration.
ODUS partners, plans and coordinates efforts with the Office of the Dean of the College and residential colleges to provide campus life support in the following areas:
- Educational Support
- Compliance with Campus Regulations
- Fiscal and Administrative Support We provide guidance and advising to undergraduate organizations for governance, event planning and funding
- Government Legislation We provide government mandated and direct services to specific constituencies, such as students with disabilities
- Extracurricular Programs Our Office develops extracurricular programs consonant with the academic enterprise. They offer counsel and guidance to students, promote student well-being and encourage personal initiative.
- Institutional Policies Our Office interprets and upholds institutional policies, and assesses and adapts policies to reflect changes in campus life. Our policies also reflect our broader society and maintains a campus climate that fosters respect among all members of the University community.
Morrison Hall (formerly West College)
Frist Campus Center
48 University Place
Dillon Court West