Contributing to the Quality of Undergraduate Social Life
The University has set aside funds that are intended to support new initiatives that positively contribute to the quality of undergraduate social life at the University and provide alternatives to alcohol consumption. In funding events, the Alcohol Initiative Committee will give priority to late night social alternatives that take place on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night from 10:00pm to 2:00am, but will consider proposals for events that occur on other dates and times typically associated with high alcohol consumption. The AI Committee will also consider educational events or programs aimed at reducing high risk drinking.
- Meetings The committee meets each week to review grant proposals with a representative from each group.
- Proposals Proposals are due the Sunday night before each meeting.
- Eligibility All members of the Princeton University community, including individual students and faculty, any student group, department or office, are eligible to apply for Alcohol Initiative grants through SAFE (Student Activities Funding Engine).
- Consideration Particular consideration will be given to proposals that 1) are collaborative in nature, and 2) are partially funded by the sponsoring group.
- Non-Affiliated Individuals Individuals who do not represent an organization or University department are advised to contact the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students before submitting a proposal.